Location: Memphis, TN
Duration: 6 Months
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor Epic’s EMR application and Caché database and respond to alerts.
- Perform Caché database maintenance tasks according to Epic’s documented best practices and established procedures including proactively expanding datasets, Caché database upgrades, environment copies (refreshes), Epic software Special Updates (SU), shadowing configuration, fail-over and disaster recovery procedures
- Assess the Caché database growth metrics, and plan for database growth.
- Be actively involved in implementing/testing disaster recovery (DR) process for Caché databases.
- Perform Epic System Updates (SUs) as required
- Regularly test the validity of database backups by performing test recovery.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical members of the Epic team.
- Participate in required change management process..
- Participate in other duties as required.
• Experience with AIX virtualization technology – LPAR’s.
• Experience with HA – HACMP or PowerHA.
• Proficiency with Unix/Linux Scripting.
• Ability to prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must be willing to participate in 24/7 oncall rotation.
- Experience acting as a technical lead, preferably in a healthcare environment, in support of a large, complex vendor application.
- Experience building NIM servers.
- Experience with HBM AIX and Linux.
- Experience with Netbackup Enterprise backup/recovery tool.