Location: Dallas, TX
Summary: The Epic Business Intelligence Developer is an emerging IT professional who analyzes, provides specifications for, and develops reports and dashboards for end user consumption.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Designs and plans BI solutions, as well as debugs, monitors, and troubleshoots BI solutions.
- Writes relational and multidimensional database queries. Forms productive relationships with customers by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively.
- Participates on project teams and manages relationship with vendors including opening and coordinating issues with vendors.
- Writes fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards and must be available for support by pager or telephone 24 hours per day x 7 days per week.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in information technology required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Health Care environment preferred.
Licensure, Registration, And/or Certification:
- Epic Clarity Certification in either EpicCare Inpatient or HIM is highly preferred.
- If not certified in both EpicCare Inpatient and HIM, certification is required within 6 months from employment, including 1 test retake.
- Microsoft SQL certification a plus
Knowledge And Experience:
- Experience with business intelligence tools: Microsoft BI stack, SAP Business Objects, Qlikview, Spotfire, Tableau, or Crystal Reports.
- Experience programming in R, SAS, Python, SQL or equivalent programming languages.
- Experience with Business Intelligence development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of designing and planning BI solutions.
- Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI solutions.
- Creating and deploying reports and dashboards.
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries.
- Experience with creating cubes and data warehousing.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification and methodology development.
- The ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both a technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills. Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.