Location: Worcester, MA
- Leads and coordinates all aspects of major I.S. Applications projects in multi–platform environments, from the definition of the clients’ needs to the delivery of the complete applications package, with procedures and documentation, to the Data Center for production.
- Responsible for the selection or development, implementation, testing, documentation, maintenance and utilization of applications software to effectively support the clinical or business information systems needs of assigned clients.
- Leads or performs studies to develop a clear understand of clients’ clinical or business processes, and corresponding information systems needs.
- Analyzes existing reports, procedures, systems and controls.
- Conducts feasibility studies and cost/benefit analyses.
- Designs clinical and business information systems to meet clients’ needs.
- Develops detailed conceptual designs/specifications which define the scope and objectives, and functional and reporting requirements.
- Develops application level specifications for systems performance, systems integration and data base design.
- Produces data flow diagrams.
- Devises and modifies procedures.
- Performs and leads studies of the impact of major systems conversions.
- Apprises client of I. S. design issues, ensuring that the client is informed of alternatives, the results of cost/benefit analysis, and the problematic implications of changes under consideration.
- Determines the appropriate means for the delivery of necessary applications software, whether through the acquisition of available products or through the development of custom applications software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- Over 5 years and up to and including 7 years of experience.
- Current Epic certification(s) or ability to achieve based on Epic Project Commitment.
- Must be able to work off hours and participate in on call rotation.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements.