Location: Spartanburg, SC
- The Epic application coordinator (Beacon) will have primary responsibility for the design, build / configuration, testing, validation, and ongoing support of the Epic application(s).
- They will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the software functionality, and acquiring / utilizing knowledge of the operational workflows to be implemented with the Epic system.
- The application coordinator will gain in-depth knowledge of the software by attending application support training and completing application certification projects and tests.
Key Abilities for This Role Include:
- Understanding of the organization and the user community in the application coordinator’s assigned area
- Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, managing issues, and oversight and implementation of project plan activities
- Strong communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built
- Coordinate and lead validation sessions of clinical content
- The application coordinator implementing Epic Beacon will have clinical knowledge of Treatment Plans, Therapy Plans, and Research Protocols.
- A technical understanding of how build decisions affect things like patient registration, scheduling, ordering, and releasing of treatment and therapy plans, and financial implications of oncology practice.
- Familiarity with oncology practice and workflows.
- Strong understanding of integration points within oncology, including scheduling, lab, radiology, billing, and inpatient.
- Associate Degree or related applicable experience (prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; Pharmacist)
- 5 years of Healthcare experience (prefer 7+ years of Healthcare experience)
- Must complete required training for product implementation and pass certification within 90 days of training completion
- Prefer: Pharmacist
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain regular communication with vendor implementation representatives.
- Work with implementation representatives and the organization’s business community and end users to ensure the system meets the organization’s business needs
- Assume application expertise by obtaining and maintaining Epic certification for the assigned application(s) within the required timeframe.
- Achieve an in-depth knowledge of assigned application(s) and its relationship to other applications.
- Participate in project plan development and monitoring project milestones
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs.
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software. Provide application expertise to facilitate discussions and decisions.
- Work with department representatives to analyze needs and translate these into system design.
- Participate in development, execution and sign off of system testing.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation on system configurations and technical components.
- Troubleshoot problems identified by team members and end users.
- Escalate issues and risks to project leadership.
- Collaborate with the training team(s) in the design and development of training programs.
- Provide application expertise to the project team and advisory groups.
- Participate in the planning and execution of application go-live and post-live activities.
- Follow established guidelines for system change control.
- Identify potential system enhancement needs.
- Introduce best practice options for future-state workflows and processes.
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
- Analyze new functionality in releases to determine how and if it should be used.
- Coordinate ongoing software updates and changes.
- Review and test new software releases.