Location: Chicago, IL
- In this role, and under general direction, the Epic Ambulatory/Phoenix Analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Design, build, and test Applications to address complex business requests
- Analyzes business and user needs, documentation of requirements and workflows
- Troubleshoot and fix complex application issues
- On-call support
- Guide and mentor less-experienced Business System Analysts
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment
You’ll thrive in this position if you:
- Promote Innovation – you combine ideas in a unique way or make connections between ideas that may appear to be different; explore situations from multiple perspectives, seek alternative ways to define problems.
- You are open to diverse thoughts and approaches by others.
- You test solutions, gather feedback on effectiveness, review impact on the results and modify appropriately to product expected results.
- Deliver Results – you identify issues, problems and opportunities; pro-actively recognize the need for improvement.
- You work with others to develop a sense of common purpose; understand different perspectives on issues; gathers and examines information available.
- You generate alternatives – Create relevant options, including financial and resource implications, for addressing problems and opportunities.
- You select appropriate action – Formulate clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option.
- You commit to implementation and work with a sense of urgency and a bias for action to implement the decision.
- Communicate with Impact – you focus on the message of others, provide undivided attention, and defer judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant certification in healthcare, business management or information systems
- Epic Ambulatory certification with 2-3 years of Ambulatory implementation and/or support experience
- Minimal of four (4) years’ experience with information system software solutions
- Solid understanding of underlying technologies: hardware, networking, Intranet, Internet, PDA, bar coding and wireless
- Must have issue tracking and resolution skills
- Experience with multiple software applications, systems analysis/design, Integration/design, or web applications/design
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and assess work in order to meet aggressive deadlines and to cope in a fast paced environment
- Epic Phoenix (Transplant) Certification with implementation and/or support experience
- Experience developing presentations for project work
- Capable of working well in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and successfully interacting with others at all levels of the organization, including remote teams
- Solid skills in documenting and analyzing business processes
- Proven skills in problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and effective presentation skills
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings with diverse participants
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor in both normal and pressure situations