Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 12 Months
Job Function Summary:
- Involves the design, building, testing, and implementation of clinical application systems.
- Provides support to clinical users through knowledge of clinical processes, documentation needs, workflows, and clinical practice standards, when adapting software to meet their needs.
- Works with clinicians to create or adapt written protocols.
- Prepares detailed specs encompassing clinical processes, information flow, risk and impact analysis.
- May provide customer service, diagnosing, and maintenance.
- The APeX Ambulatory and MyChart team falls under the Clinical Systems department, which is responsible for the build and maintenance of the electronic health record (Epic)
- The APeX Ambulatory/MyChart Analyst position will report directly to the APeX Ambulatory Team Lead and up through the APeX Clinical Documentation Director.
Common problems solved by the employee:
- Diagnosing system problems that prevent a user from completing a task in the software
- Configure MyChart settings to provide proxy access
- Diagnose inbasket message routing
Less frequent and more complex problems solved by the employee:
- Researching issues that cross multiple applications and operational departments (e.g. Billing workflows)
Problems/situations that are referred to this employee’s supervisor:
- Problems that impact multiple users, patient safety, compliance or medical risk
- Workflow solutions that change users EHR workflows that need CS/IT governance
- Project that scope has changes significantly