Location: Chesterfield, MO
Duration: 6 Months, Contract to Hire
- Provide the Data Architecture team with Relational, Dimensional Data Modeling and Physical Modeling skills for Access/Semantic Layer Design for Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data Warehousing applications.
- Provide Data Architecture services such as dimensional and relational data modeling, metadata definition, data model management, etc.
- Liaison with business and IT resources, applying standard solutions and processes.
- Apply specific technical expertise in depth to develop reusable access layer components.
- Provide SQL review and Performance tuning skills.
- Create and implement a program with training and mentoring in dimensional modeling with reusable access layer components for both IT and business resources.
- Foster business/IT collaboration in the design and development of access layer assets.
Top Skill Sets:
- Dimensional Data Modeling for Data Warehouse Access Layer, Strong SQL, and Teradata Performance Tuning
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of related IT experience.
- 5+ years of Data Warehousing Access Layer Design and development experience.
- Experience in the development of conceptual, logical, physical, and dimensional data models targeting Oracle, SQL Server and Teradata databases.
- Mastery of the ERwin and/or PowerDesigner data modeling tools.
- Mastery of Teradata logical and physical database design techniques.
- Mastery of Teradata SQL development and performance tuning.
- Experience in data modeling for both transactional and decision support applications.
- Keen understanding of Data Warehouse applications and modeling practices.
- Expert knowledge of relational and dimensional modeling techniques.
- Develop, explain and enforce Data Architecture standards and best practices.
- Experience with Teradata Semantic Building Block Access Layer design and development methodology.
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server and Teradata databases
- Experience with Agile Data Warehouse Modeling practices such as the Business Event Analysis and Modeling (BEAM) approach.
- Oracle and Teradata scripting skills a plus
- Experience with ERwin and or PowerDesigner macros
- Prior experience with ERwin and or PowerDesigner Web Portal
- Experience with various integration tools (e.g. Informatica)
- Data Governance program development experience
- Prior Healthcare experience
- Extensive experience with enterprise data warehouses, data marts, and BI solutions
- Excellent ability to work with all levels within the IT and Business organization
- Experience with data profiling tools and processes
- Some project management skills and experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Mongo DB, Cassandra, NEO4J or other advanced data technologies
Desired Candidate Should Have the Ability To:
- Provide Data Architecture solutions to projects of any complexity regardless of database type
- Develop innovative Access Layer solutions for business requirements
- Create Access Layer models using Semantic Building Blocks
- Partner with business resources to develop and implement Agile Access Layer design practices
- Develop, implement, train, enforce and support Data Architecture standards
- Recommend solutions including tools, technologies, and techniques to management
- Instill a discipline of data governance, quality, and reuse within the organization
- Develop procedures to validate that data architecture changes adhere to standards
- Review complex SQL programs and recommend performance improvements