Location: Tampa, FL
- The Clinical Analyst II-Pharmacy consults with users and management to define the clinical requirements of the system and resolve related problems.
- Activities for the Clinical Analyst II-Pharmacy include analysis, design, testing, training, implementation, maintenance and support of the clinical software applications, the enterprise-wide hospital information system that spans Headquarters and the hospitals.
- Primary responsibilities for the Clinical Analyst II-Pharmacy include developing, maintaining, and testing application software using Cerner tools; developing training materials and training hospital analysts; and implementing applications into the hospitals.
- Review, analysis, and definition of the clinical requirements facilitated by the clinical-based computer applications.
- Current processes and functions are documented and analyzed.
- Communications, data conversion, training, documentation, and implementation requirements are evaluated and determined during this phase.
- Detail-level design of the application includes developing code sets, screen formats and reports, determining user security access permissions, identifying interface requirements, and developing plans for testing, data conversion, implementation, and user acceptance.
- Implementation and testing includes developing application specific software using Cerner build tools where necessary, application specific testing, integrated systems testing, user acceptance testing, assisting in developing user documentation, assisting in the developing policies and procedures, and providing on site “go-live” support for users.
- Software Maintenance will have essentially the same responsibilities as above in Detail Design and Implementation and Testing sections, except tasks are done to maintain, modify, or enhance existing software rather than implementing new software.
- User Support provided includes problem resolution, training, software enhancement determination, and hardware and software utilization assistance.
The qualified candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Cerner PowerChart and PharmNet Medication integration process, build, support, and training required
- Experience with Omnicell/Pyxis, Codonics and SQL relational database desirable
- Minimum 3 plus years of relevant clinical experience in direct or indirect care of hospitalized patients required
- Licensed Pharmacist or Licensed Pharmacy Technician highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Proficient communications and problem-solving skills necessary to effectively communicate with users, management, and others in seeking and making solution changes.
- Ability to blend user requirements and interests into satisfactory and acceptable programs.
- Capability to work with, and provide guidance to, Hospital Clinical Analysts as needed.
- Recognizes the worth of each co-worker as a valuable member of the patient care team, and places the good of the team ahead of personal objectives to work together as a team member