Location: Indiana, PA
Duration: 6 Months
- Uses clinical skills and experience, along with IT knowledge to ensure applications and information support for clinical processes and clinicians throughout the enterprise. He/she provides systems-oriented design and analysis of clinical workflow and ensures applications support for clinical processes.
- The Clinical Systems Analyst II initiates and coordinates the planning, integration, implementation, maintenance and documentation of information systems and applications in support of patient care and related clinical services.
- The Clinical Systems Analyst II advises and aids in the selection of new technologies and is responsible for aiding in the creation a professional technology environment that focuses on the customer.
- He/she will assist the manager in preparing an annual work plan, budgets, quality improvement programs, and preparation and maintenance of regulatory requirements, such as CMS, etc.
- He/she keeps current with principles and practices, technology, regulations and standards that apply to healthcare information technology.
- He/she provides clinical process related reports and data with guidance to management and internal staff on analysis and interpretation.
- The Clinical Systems Analyst II seeks to implement and support integrated and innovative computer applications for the highest quality and effective clinical functions throughout the enterprise.
- He/she adheres to appropriate IS policies including change management and security requirements, and assist in training other staff as well as end-users.
- He/she supports clinical informatics initiatives and helps guide the design of integrated clinical workflow and technology to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, evidenced based medicine, and best practices.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or healthcare-related discipline required.
- Computer Science / Information Technology degree or equivalent work experience highly desired.
- 5 years of experience in nursing or other clinical patient care discipline.
- 3 years of experience as IT analyst, with Cerner systems implementation and support required.
- 2 years of experience in a similar health care environment required.
- Evidence of strong written and verbal communications skills is required.
- Demonstrated strong logic and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in good customer relations and customer service required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of computer systems, operations, system analysis, design and equipment.
- Strong healthcare IT industry knowledge including healthcare function workflow and industry best practice.