Location: Chicago, IL
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of experience; Master’s Degree with 7 years of experience; PhD with 3 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Requires in depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Extensive AWS cloud infrastructure experience
- Familiarity with a variety of programming languages, including Python
- Proven ability to innovate with a history of new or improved technology solutions with remarkable impact on company productivity
- Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in areas of science and technology
- Significant Cloudera architecture experience, preferably in an AWS cloud environment
- Hands-on CI/CD and containerization knowledge and experience (Jenkins preferred)
- Technical background in healthcare, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices or pharmaceutical companies.
- Hands-on technical proficiency in SQL, NoSQL, knowledge graphs
- Statistics and data science familiarity
- Highly regulated and restricted data domains experience
- Metadata management, data quality, master data, and data lineage experience
- Practical experience in a scientific discipline such as biology, pharmacology or related, ideally a BS or related degree
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage time and deliver results across multiple workstreams at once
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple groups within the organization and effectively collaborate with external partners
- Principal AWS Platform Architect for the ARCH, providing technical vision and hands-on expertise to deliver all aspects of the platform
- Lead all aspects of ARCH infrastructure, including Cloudera CDP, SSO, security, performance, and cost management
- Coordinate efforts across organizational silos, working with internal and external partners involved in development of the ARCH platform
- Align with Client systems lifecycle standards and processes
- Drive for continuous improvement and enablement through collaboration with domain data owners and experts