Location: Houston, TX
- The Application Analyst III (EpicCare Ambulatory certification required – or EpicCare Link or Healthy Planet certifications in lieu of Ambulatory) performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications.
- The position entails assisting, training and supporting customers and junior analysts with the operation and administration of systems.
- The Application Analyst III possesses the skills to expertly troubleshoot system problems and coordinate solutions with vendors.
- The Application Analyst III works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Responsibilities may include creating custom solutions or advanced configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues.
- The Application Analyst III will take a lead role to troubleshoot issues and problems within related IT teams and conduct appropriate change management.
- The Application Analyst III is charged with ensuring the services provided contribute to the successful accomplishment of the mission of the department support.
- The Application Analyst III applies skills in line with values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality IT services.
- Focuses on patient/customer safety
- Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
- Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
- Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts through written and verbal communications.
- Establishes effective working relationship with clients.
- Leads and facilitates meetings as well as develops meeting objectives, agendas and action items.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through documentation and training.
- Debug, program and test computer systems and applications.
- Support and install software applications, including on call support
- Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
- Works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance understanding of available to tools to promote operational efficiencies.
- Adheres to system, division and department policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Provide Technical Support for Application Assigned
- Creates custom solutions or advanced configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues.
- Consistently leads medium to large scale projects, including budgets, as defined by the IT PMO.
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
- Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner
- Prioritizes issue resolution, work requests and tasks effectively.
- May have some budgetary responsibilities
- Demonstrates Ability to problem solve and generate innovative solutions in conjunction with customers, vendors, and Information Technology
- Anticipates client needs before they arise and communicates them to Team Lead or Manager for solution development
- Resolves problems of moderate to advanced complexity using strong analytical and logic skills.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Programming, Business Administration, or an equivalent field or formal education in related field with professional certifications.
- 5+ years of experience in Healthcare with IT experience required.
- No certificates requires if have a Bachelors degree.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ambulatory EMR (Epic Amb Certification required)
- Healthy Planet, EpicCare Link or Telemedicine experience/certification preferred
- Full life cycle system deployments
- Understanding of standard processes and documentation responsibilities relative to issue management, change management, testing, training, and documentation
- Knowledge of system deployment, testing, and training solutions
- Knowledge of system upgrades, fixes, and enhancements
- Skilled in customer support
- Strong analytical, logic, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve problems of moderate to advanced complexity using strong analytical and logic skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in supported computer systems and business processes
- Ability to lead communication between business stakeholders, technical resources and third parties for business requirements and technical solutions
- Strong backend configuration and modification skills of respective applications
- Demonstrates ability to define scope and objectives for development or modifications to moderately complex application systems