Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 12 Months
- The Report Writer functions as the primary support contact and expert for Epic reports.
- They work under the direction of the Reporting Manager with input from the Meaningful Use and MIPS Program Manager, to configure, build & produce regulatory Epic reports and analytics.
- They coordinate all issues that arise during the project for reporting.
- Key operational activities include primary responsibility to analyze work flows and understand policies, procedures and constraints of the clinical or business operations related to reporting requirements.
- In depth and precise investigation and documentation of operational & report specifications is required.
- Key technical activities include the analysis of new releases to determine how reporting should be modified, building and populating databases and tables during initial system configuration, conducting report testing and data validation.
- The Report Writer develops and documents internal procedures and establishes change control processes for development, modification and retirement of reports.
- The Report Writer also develops user training aids and trains end users in the use of reports & reporting functions & tools (reporting workbench).
- They functions as the primary contact to troubleshoot problems and questions from end-users regarding reports and reporting functions.
- Successful candidates are skilled communicators who made decisions independently and in collaboration with others up and down the organization.
- Attention to detail is a critical skill for this position.
- Successful candidates enjoy helping other user to learn and adopt the development and to use of reporting skills.
- This position reports to the APeX Reporting Manager of the Clinical Systems with input from the Meaningful Use and MIPS Program Manager.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates understanding of healthcare practice and workflow within core area.
- Able to work collaboratively with customers and peers to resolve issues surrounding reporting and the business needs.
- Interacts with the vendor to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates familiarity with rules from regulating bodies and legislation governing healthcare, such as HIPAA, JCAHO, Title XXII, etc.
- Initiates analysis and problem solving, documents workflows and integration points as necessary.
- Independently identifies and communicates issues that could impact the quality or timelines of report production.
- Seeks consultation or assistance when unable to perform system or process responsibilities.
- Multi-tasks as appropriate.
- Uses accurate and efficient documentation standards for creation of testing scenarios, specifications, workflow, integration, etc.
- Communicates clearly and effectively to others using all communication forms.
- Assists all team members when asked.
- Asks for assistance when needed.
- Balances team objectives and work effort with personal objectives.
- Develops and maintains good working relationship.
- While primarily focused on Quality reporting, provides cross coverage to the Meaningful Use Program report writer also.
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- The Report Writer also must lead group discussions and present in front of groups. The candidate should be able to manage multiple and competing tasks
- Advanced level experience with database management and various third-party report building tools such as Crystal Reports, SAP Business Objects.
- Experience with Epic reporting functionality
- Epic Clarity Data Model certification