Location: Springfield, MA
Duration: 6+ Months
- This position is responsible for developing custom applications as well as leveraging third party applications to meet the needs of the customers.
- For Department specific and company-wide projects, work with a Sr. Developers and Business Systems Analysts by identifying issues and recommending solutions and communicating the status of the project in a timely fashion.
- The nature of the work will include systems analysis, detailed design, programming, testing and training in the implementation of departmental and interdepartmental applications.
- The individual will participate in a post implementation support role including troubleshooting, and enhancing installed applications.
- These tasks should be completed with guidance from Sr. Developers/Manager and will include IT Manager checkpoints for relevant milestones.
- Application Development/Enhancements – 70%
- Develop/enhance custom applications to satisfy business needs
- Work with internal and external customers throughout the life cycle of the project, including support Analysis:
- Participate in meetings and discussions with the customer thru final approval of design
- Evaluate impact to other parts of the system and best solution to integrate application into workflow/operation schedule
- Define customer requirements by reviewing business needs and understanding existing system through documentation, and by organizing and conducting customer interviews
- Translate customer requirements into functional and technical design documents
Design operational documentation
Develop accurate and meaningful detail design documentation and insure their completeness and accuracy by confirming approach with other Application Developers and customers
- Conduct operational and customer design reviews with the customers and operational staff
- Program: Program to meet business specifications and department standards
- Design testing requirements.
- Ensure unit test data is prepared and maintained
- Aid in the preparation of system and integration test plans
- Conduct code reviews with development team
- Prepare and package all necessary documentation requirements based on department standards for review and signoff
- Define training goals and objectives in conjunction with customer
- Develop training material consistent with customer needs including user manual standards
- Investigate customer questions and provide solutions
Production Support (30%):
- Monitor the system, assist in analyzing and correcting issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain the production schedule
- Assist in support of all applications as required with Sr. Developers and Business Systems Analysts
- Document changes for production personnel to insure fault tolerance and plan to follow should applications/job fail to run as designed
- Work directly with customers to insure applications are functioning based on business needs and customer understands the output correctly
- Insure adequate training of production personnel
- Work with customer to identify, prioritize, implement and determine impact of required changes
- Recommend and implement solutions based on business needs
- BS degree in computer science with 4+ years’ experience performing advance level application development work with MS Windows/Office, MS Access, Visual Basic, Visual Studio .NET IDE, WEB Development, SQL Server, JAVA and C# or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with AngularJS and other open source web application framework and single page application based technologies is a real plus
- Prior development experience with health care insurance or health care vendor organizations desirable
- Effective at handling competing priorities and can work independently with little to no supervision
- Equally conversant with business users, executives, Developers, Designers, IT Engineers and vendors
- Conversant in healthcare related standards such as HIPAA, ACA, CMS and other regulatory agencies preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC, ITIL, ADKAR and release management concepts
- Able to support multiple small projects or major enhancements simultaneously
- Strong analysis, critical thinking, and trouble shooting skill
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to remain positive while dealing with numerous issues