Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 3+ Months
- BS degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience required.
- 5 plus years IT business analysis experience required.
- Diagraming experience including contextual, conceptual, state, activity, workflow and others.
- Experienced with mobile solutions development for both iOS and Android preferred
- Experience working with off-shore development preferred.
- Experience leading requirements development efforts preferred.
- Experience working with UX/UI designers preferred.
- Experience in health & wellness industries preferred.
- Strong Agile/Scrum background.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Visio, and MS Project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a technical and non-technical forum, as well as listening and interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communication ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Competent knowledge of information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology, and standards.
- Highly collaborative and able to interpret and translate technical and/or complex concepts into information meaningful to project team members and/or business personnel.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated negotiation, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- High degree of analytical ability to analyze project objectives, develop technical requirements, analyze severity of problems and the need to escalate to management or employ external services
- The Product Owner develops and adapts the product vision to align with corporate strategy.
- Plans and leads all releases through the development of fully defined user stories and prioritized backlog.
- Collaborates with Product Management and IT partners to create business, functional and/or technical requirements for both mobile and web solutions.
- Define product feature scope and objectives based on business needs, user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems.
- Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help maximize the business value from IT system investments.
- Create user stories and works with key stakeholders to define acceptance criteria.
- Collaborates with development to ensure user stories are properly sized.
- Lead sprint planning to ensure the requirements are tracked and delivered on time and within scope.
- Make crucial prioritization and scoping decisions on product features and initiatives.
- Maintains acceptance criteria and proper sizing of all user stories through continuous prioritization and grooming of product backlog.
- Drive product development with our engineers, designers and business analysts.
- Defines quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Manages changing requirements by communicating with project sponsor and project team members on impact of change and alerts project managers and project teams of potential risks and issues of importance.
- Collaborates with technical and product teams to ensure that the results of the project fully satisfy the needs embodied in the requirements.
- Anticipates and identifies customer needs and matches products and services to facilitate the fulfillment of those needs.
- Identifies and initiates opportunities to support business activities.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement
- Understands application development methodologies and applies knowledge to business interactions (i.e. agile, waterfall, etc.).
- May serve one or more project team roles, such as business analyst lead, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts.
- Provides services to multiple concurrent project, project teams or management.
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability
- Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems