Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 Months
- Involves the design, building, testing, and implementation of clinical application systems.
- Provides support to clinical users through knowledge of clinical processes, documentation needs, workflows, and clinical practice standards, when adapting software to meet their needs.
- Works with clinicians to create or adapt written protocols.
- Prepares detailed specs encompassing clinical processes, information flow, risk and impact analysis.
- May provide customer service, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- The APeX Application Analyst functions as the primary support contact and expert for the MyChart Self Scheduling application for Patient Access.
- They work under the direction of the Team Lead and/or Manager to configure, build & install the application.
- They coordinate all issues that arise during the project for their application area.
- Key operational activities include primary responsibility to analyze work flows and understand policies, procedures and constraints of the clinical or business operations support by the application.
- In depth and precise investigation and documentation of operational specifications and application functionality is required.
- Key technical activities include the analysis of new releases to determine how workflow should be modified, building and populating databases and tables during initial system configuration, conducting system testing and conversion data validation.
- The application analyst develops and documents internal procedures and establishes change control processes for the application.
- Develops/design advance/complex programs and guides their develop with members of a cross functional team
- Works independently and in consultation with team lead and/or manager
- Application expertise to define “integrated” system design requirements and develop/implement complex application components
- Able to negotiate scope/approach with team, end users and IT infrastructure partners
- Principal contact for resolution of complex integrated issues and/or solutions
- Proficient with Chronicles and bridges
- Must have certification and strong experience with Epic Application in Cadence and MyChart Self Scheduling.
Common problems solved by the employee:
- Maintenance and Incidents to ensure stable environment
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze, and interpret complex data and systems
- Ability to quickly identify problems and implement solutions
Less frequent and more complex problems solved by the employee:
- Customer questions regarding workflows within the system
- Minor system tweaks and monitoring
- Ability to complete a Technical Dress Rehearsal
- Troubleshoot televox issues
Problems/situations that are referred to this employee’s supervisor:
- Major technical issues
- Escalate project issues and risks to manager which could impact go-live timelines.
- Regular reporting of project status to manager