Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 6 Months
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-sciences related field, or equivalent years of experience is required.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- Seven (7) or more years’ experience as a full-time networking professional.
- Extensive experience in the analysis and design of enterprise networks, as well as in troubleshooting and providing technical support for these systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Palo Alto firewall experience is a must.
- Serves as top-level technical expert in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of all network systems, responsible for their overall security, integrity, and reliability.
- Oversees the implementation of network system upgrades and modifications, including planning, testing, scheduling and coordination.
- Ensures that change management and defined security procedures for all network systems are executed in accordance with I&O policies and procedures.
- Minimizes service interruptions through early identification and resolution of problems.
- Analyzes monitoring and maintenance data and implements changes as required to achieve optimum performance.
- Makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Develops, maintains, and oversees a schedule of system backups and test restorations.
- Ensures that the business recovery plan for network systems adequately addresses requirements and established time frames.
- Oversees all support and problem management activities, provides tier-three support and guides less experienced staff in problem resolution.
- Reviews and analyzes problem-management data, in aggregate, to identify issues and trends directly affecting the quality of services.
- Drives the development, implementation, and maintenance of all policies, procedures, and standards pertaining to network services and systems, ensuring their conformance with industry-defined best practices.
- Oversees the maintenance of all operating records and coordinates the production of network systems and services management reports, ensuring the accuracy of the data and the relevance of report metrics.
- Provides general oversight of all network systems projects.
- May serve in the role of project lead, assuming responsibility for oversight of most or all aspects of a project.
- Undertakes research and/or evaluation projects as assigned, providing formal documentation of findings and conclusions according to established department standards.
- May function in the role of core team lead, with duties of instructing, directing, and checking the work of team members.