Location: Phoenix, AZ
Duration: 3+ Months
Required Experience, including # of years of experience:
2 years minimum certified Epic experience, 4 years preferred
Minimum 2 years clinical experience in a perioperative department (Pre-op/PACU, OR, or Endo) preferred
- Epic OpTime
- Epic Anesthesia
MUST have experience implementing OpTime and Anesthesia applications from validation through post go-live support.
- Builds and may provide support for assigned applications and acts as mentor to team members. Provides daily support, troubleshooting, and problem resolution to new analyst team members. Maintains standard documentation tools for tracking issues, build, and testing.
- Completes analysis, design, build, and testing on assigned projects.
- Routinely meets with user groups/business units to discuss current issues and resolution, process improvement, analysis of future improvements, system support requirements, and cost justification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Verbal and written communication
- Implementation, go-live and end-user support of OpTime and Anesthesia applications
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with and facilitating meetings with multi-disciplinary groups
- Able to assist with the management and prioritization of multiple projects and work effectively with minimal direction and supervision
- Understanding of preference cards
- Understanding of supplies and interfaces to OpTime
- Able to organize and manage small projects from initiation through implementation
- Able to prioritize assigned tasks and manage workload
- Device integration build/support
Nice to have Skills:
- Project management
- Epic Data Courier
- Epic Reporting Workbench, Dashboards, application reporting
- Multiple Epic certifications
- Strong knowledge of CERs
- Epic OpTime charging
- Knowledge of optimal preference card workflows