Location: Renton, WA
Duration: 5 Months
The Director - Epic Application Integration is responsible for leading several teams of analysts and developers assigned to Epic “integrated areas.” The Director has ultimate accountability for select technology deliverables (interfaces, data conversions, release management, EMFI engineers, tools and reporting). The Director is a seasoned technology professional with broad experience in information services operations, interfaces, release management and infrastructure.
- Experience in a healthcare organization is highly preferred. Highly experienced in all areas of management, including multiple project integration.
- Experience leading enterprise-wide business or IT projects in large organizations. Experience managing multiple projects with large teams required.
- Experience leading teams
- The position requires a minimum of 7 years of Information Services leadership experience, and 10 years total relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience.
- Key experience highlights include: Demonstrated ability to create and successfully execute strategic plans for highly complex issues; healthcare information services operations and support; experience standardizing complex and disparate processes; methodologies related to application management such as system deployment, support, and life cycle; experience in process improvement methodology, change management, operational improvement in complex systems.
- Must have proven ability to interact at and communicate to all levels of an organization.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills and the ability to manage shifting priorities are critical for success in this position.
- The purpose of this position is provide excellence in application planning, implementation and support for client and affiliated organizations.
- Essential job responsibilities include strategy development and deployment, resource planning and utilization, management of operational support initiatives, vendor management, oversee the design, implementation, and administrative support of IS application solutions.
- Accountabilities include the following operational categories: Support of functional business partners and executives, identification and assessment of technical road maps, requirements, sponsorship of implementation activities, production support of assigned applications, support of and maximization of application usefulness, and effective management of vendor relationships.
- This position is responsible for leading, mentoring and developing managers as well as other staff.
- This position will work in close collaboration with executives, directors, managers and other leaders across the system. Performs all duties in a manner that promotes team concept, high quality customer interactions and reflects clients mission, vision (know me, care for me, ease my way) and core values of; respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship.
- Maintains relationships with key business partners and other senior leaders in the IT industry in order to leverage best practices, evaluate and manage emerging application technologies.
- Directs adoption process for introducing and implementing new services, technologies and/or applications into Information Services.
- Implements appropriate service delivery models for core application functions in defining, delivering, and improving services for the enterprise and its customers.
- Responsible for working with leaders of IS Strategy and Business Development in ensuring adherence to standards, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of application systems.
- Ensures that the Applications division supports IS services and systems effectively and meets the needs of the business.
- Participates in the development of the overall IS strategic plan by identifying needed application management strategies and projects that support business needs.
- Manage customer expectations regarding the success of each Information Services strategies and projects; ensure measurable outcomes are defined and reported for each strategy or project.
- Partner with key stakeholders and customers to implement application services for strategic initiatives that are effective, user-friendly and accurate.
- Develops and negotiates preferred information technology vendor contracts and manages key vendor relationships.
- Ensures the performance of applications within their domain and evaluates the performance of services on the basis of specific KPIs.
- Oversees budgeting and expenditures for applications, staff and services within their span of control.
- Assists in the development of and monitors compliance with policies and procedures for Application Services that impact all of Client.
- Attracts, hires, trains, motivates, retains, and develops a team of first-rate professionals to perform the responsibilities of applications management.
- Designs, implements, maintains, and operates departmental Service Level Agreements, Operating Level Agreements, and associated KPIs.
- A proven ability to build an organization and provide responsive leadership; to delegate, coordinate and motivate staff, and to evaluate performance.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate teamwork with multidisciplinary group, building and reaching consensus; agreeing upon a course of action where there are multiple perspectives.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Services or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required. A Master’s degree in Information Services, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, or a related IS or healthcare field is preferred.