Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 6+ Months
- The Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) Analyst, under the supervision of the Manger of Human Resources Information Systems will perform a variety of duties including system upgrade project testing and functional enhancement project testing.
- Performs activities related to analyzing IT and/or Business requirements, building, testing, implementing and maintaining solutions, products and processes under the guidance of a HRIS Manager.
- Serves as a backup for the other HRIS Analyst in the department.
- This position contributes to the consulting, analysis and improvement of Human Resources processes and communicates with management regarding data and HRIS analysis, quality, and accuracy.
- Two to four years experience working with an HRIS database, Lawson experience preferred, with experience in Benefits, Compensation, and other HR functional areas essential.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Lawson preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports testing of implementations and enhancements of HRIS, understanding the software development life cycle.
- Responsible for system testing for upgrade projects, and testing of custom modifications and additions to the Lawson products.
- Ensures on-going operations and maintenance of HRIS.
- Configure the application based on requirements.
- Manages and troubleshoots system issues with Lawson.
- Responsible for code and unit test enhancements/modifications, interfaces, conversions, reports or queries related to the Lawson system.
- Enhances, maintains or supports existing products, processes, operations and applications.
Analysis and Reporting:
- Communicates with end-users as technical support in diagnosing and resolving system problems and processing errors. Designs, extracts, and interprets advanced ad hoc reports, custom databases, and data interfaces as requested. Design and analyze audit reports and databases to ensure data quality and research processing issues. Acts as HRIS security administrator and executes audit controls if needed. Works on projects, analyzing requirements, designing, building, and testing to maintain and implement products and processes. Produces reports, analysis, charts and documentation of processes and procedures.
Administration and Relationships:
- Performs, documents and assists in planning work activities. Maintains business engagement and IT customer relationships.
- Assists less experienced personnel.
- Applies and verifies compliance to standards.
- Proactively builds business/IT knowledge to provide solutions. Meets criteria outlined herein; contributing to meeting the goals and accomplishments of the overall care enhancement programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or Business related field or equivalent experience is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have computer competency in a windows based environment including Microsoft Office and database management.
- Experience with a Payroll and Time & Labor modules a plus
- Having played a major role in at least 1 major System upgrade and numerous minor upgrades, service packs, etc. is a plus
- This position requires a responsive, committed individual, who is able to maintain complete confidentiality, demonstrates attention to detail, is customer support driven, is willing to support everyone's efforts, and is able to manage competing demands.
- Strong Oral, Written and e-Communication skills are required.