Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 18 Months
General Project Management and Facilitation
- Engages delivery partners within information technology, architecture, analytics and enterprise security areas for software development projects according to industry best practices.
- Accountable for ensuring that deliverables from business and technology partners are produced and approved according to multiple project schedules.
- This includes requirement documents, functional and technical design documents, test plans
- Proactively identifies and manages project risks and dependencies and raises awareness around projects across the portfolio.
- Accountable for the development of business processes to ensure business readiness at project completion.
- Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate, and clear communication is provided to our customers and members.
- Accountable for and leads other project managers on highly complex projects.
- Responsible for developing, refining, and monitoring the project budgets throughout the project life cycles.
- Manages budgets to hours and dollar allocations to the approved amounts in accordance with financial processes.
- Delivery Implementation
- Proactively manages the change request process for project level scope, schedule and budget changes throughout the project life cycle.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and mandates which includes all internal and external audit requirements.
- Accountable for monitoring and effectively representing project as well as works with the project team to develop mitigation strategies for any risks and dependencies across the portfolio.
- Coordination of project team and vendor training to ensure accuracy on requirements and design on new software.
- Accountable for stakeholder identification and engagement throughout the project life cycle to ensure business readiness and proactive identification of risks and dependencies.
- Represents projects in executive level presentations in various project governance and inter-departmental forums.
- Accountable for ensuring all business readiness including any necessary training and updates to business processes.
- Accountable for driving project deliverables and compliance through the vendor contracting process for multiple vendors at a time.
- Manages the execution of contracted work to ensure contract compliance as well as timely receipt of deliverables and funds.
Frequently participates in the process of new vendor/product selection.
- Works closely with vendors to drive multiple parallel timelines.
- Assembles, mobilizes, and motivates teams to set direction, approach, identify skill gaps, and resolve conflict in a highly matrixed environment to lead projects to conclusion.
- Accountable for managing allocated resources from multiple delivery partners while working within approved hours and scope.
- Mentors and provides feedback to team members to create a highly functioning team in a heavily matrixed environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years project management or equivalent experience to include enterprise-wide and multiple concurrent projects of increasing complexity.
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, seven years project management experience to include enterprise-wide and multiple concurrent projects of increasing complexity may be considered.
- Knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle including: development tools/technologies, release/version control, testing methodologies and deployment management
- Understanding of project management methodology.
- Experience leading change at the project or program level.
- Healthcare/insurance experience.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Planview.
- Experience with Waterfall or Agile methodology. Stakeholder management with influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Optional depending on area for which we are recruiting:
- Data warehouse – Experience managing business intelligence and data warehouse projects
- Sales & Marketing – Experience with product lifecycle
- Finance- Experience with financial systems
- Web – Experience with customer-facing websites and user experience knowledge
- Strategy – Experience launching strategic initiatives or technologies
- The following personality attributes characterize highly successful project managers:
- Provide strong consultative leadership as a member of the project leadership team
- Proactive team leadership and conflict management
- Effective stakeholder management via communication and presentation skills
- Ability to leverage team strengths and encourage effective collaboration
- Effective in a highly matrixed environment
- Initiates action to accomplish goals and objectives
- Influences team members and stakeholders to meet project and organizational goals and objectives
- Mentors team members
- Strong prioritization and time management Demonstrated statistical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an often changing, ambiguous work environment