Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Duration: 3 Months
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Four years of related work experience can be used in lieu of a degree
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience in computer operations, systems administration, or related field
- Requires working knowledge of monitoring, scheduling, report archival/ printing, and Service Desk toolsets, network essentials and an awareness of LAN/WAN technologies preferred
- Working knowledge of Network Operations involving TCP/IP networks, standard networking, systems and database principles.
- Must be able to work shifts that cover 24/7 operations and be flexible to work rotating shifts and weekends as necessary
- Knowledge of Mainframe, Windows, UNIX, and LAN experience is required
- Knowledge of ITIL standards is a plus
- Demonstrated skills in using a PC with the Microsoft OS is required
- Under general supervision, administers software used for enterprise monitoring, job scheduling, report archival, and print management to ensure accuracy of batch job schedule and setup for report archival, printing, and distribution and to ensure critical events are monitored and acted upon, including root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Directly responsible for troubleshooting and working closely with NOC Engineers on more complex issues and tracking the resolution for Tier 2 and 3 along with other escalated tickets, 1st level troubleshooting of routers, clearing Spectrum alerts, resolving pingable and duplicate devices to ensure problem determination and resolution steps are being taken.
- Provides technical support within the unit in a production operations environment and configures new hardware, cabling for data centers, Data Center software support, decommissions old hardware, provides first pass hardware validations for servers, UPS maintenance and support for branches including on-site calls, contributes to event management reviews, add capacity, upgrade software, transfer knowledge, or transition procedures to Operations.
- Participates in operations performance analyses, quality control functions, log reviews, and provides new product education to the Operations staff to ensure accuracy and consistent performance and availability of business systems
- Ensures surveillance and control of enterprise IT infrastructure, including mainframe, servers, networks, and storage.
- Monitors and responds to alarms in the Operations Center to ensure protection and integrity of hardware, software, and business systems.
- Follow-up with dispatches and tracks issues escalated to Applications/other teams to ensure timely, thorough resolution of problems.
- Documents Operations Center information including Standard Operating Procedures, run books, system profiles and diagrams and related records to ensure all are up-to-date and departmental performance is optimized.
- Assists in Business Continuity planning, testing, and implementation to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of the company’s ability to resume and recover business operations from a catastrophic event. Most of these events are held after normal business working hours.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities (essential functions) of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Job duties are performed in a normal and clean office environment with above average noise levels.
- Work is predominately done while sitting or standing.
- Job duties entail using multiple body parts in a coordinated manner.
- Manual/Finger dexterity in both hands is needed to operate a keyboard and manipulate small objects.
- Sight, hearing (very important), the ability to distinguish colors, and touching are required sensory abilities.
- The ability to read, write, are very important, as is the ability to calculate, visualize, and analyze, all are required.