Location: St. Louis, MO
Duration: 6+ Months
- As part of the Claims Configuration team, you will have responsibility for the claims payment system’s configuration to ensure timely and accurate claims payment.
- The Business Analyst in this role will gain exposure to all facets of business operations.
- Perform various analysis and interpretation to link business needs and objectives for assigned function
- Support business initiatives through data analysis, identification of implementation barriers and user acceptance testing of new systems
- Identify and analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing processes
- Perform detailed analysis on assigned projects, recommend potential business solutions and assist with implementation
- Identify ways to enhance performance management and operational reports related to new business implementation processes
- Develop and incorporate organizational best practices into business applications
- Lead problem solving and coordination efforts between various business units
- Assist with formulating and updating departmental policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of business process analysis, preferably healthcare (i.e. documenting business process, gathering requirements) or claims payment/analysis experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications, including Excel
- Knowledge of managed care information systems and experience in benefits, pricing, contracting or claims
- Experience with Amisys, Facets, or related claims payment system
- Past experience with hospital reimbursement methodologies
- Previous structured testing experience
- Experience with medical claims coding
- Exposure to SQL