Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 Months
Specific Qualifications / Experience:
- Epic – HIM Coding and Abstracting required
- Epic – Identity build and integration experience
- Experienced in leading complex installs over multiple phases
- Experience with Epic integration
- Have a full understanding of Design, Build, Testing and Change Control of a large scale implementation.
- Strong Revenue Cycle Background
- Strong understanding of Scanning and OnBase and the integration of Epic and OnBase
- Make task assignments for HIM Team ensuring deadlines are met and proper processes are followed and documented in accordance to Implementation standards
- Maintain completeness and accuracy of Revenue Cycle related documents used for implementation decisions
- Have a full understanding of HIM processes and procedures, coding, Medical terminology, Hospital Medical Record coding experience
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Completed multiple go-lives, and at least one from (near) inception to completion
- Experience with an Epic implementation at a multi-hospital system, and/or a major academic medical center.
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, Information systems, business administration or equivalent experience or education is required.
- At least 3 years of revenue cycle healthcare systems experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in HIM systems
- Strong understanding of the core functions and processes of the billing office
- Experience documenting system architecture design and revenue cycle system workflow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, highly analytical, possess strong problem solving skills and must have a desire to be accountable for project success.
- Detailed knowledge of general phases of SDLC, project management methods
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview users, stakeholders, and sponsors to assess departmental needs to create Business, functional and technical requirements documents.
- Develop documentation of test plans, technical documentation, release notes, end-user guides, training programs and/or other materials as necessary.
- Analyze and document client’s business requirements and processes; communicate requirements to technical personnel by constructing basic conceptual data and process models, including process flowcharts and technical specifications.
- Decompose information gathered into details including sources of data, data types, users, user types, interface components, interface navigation needs, reporting needs, and administrative system needs.
- Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
- Research industry practices; collect and analyze data; draw appropriate conclusions and recommendations; present results in written reports or through oral presentations using visual aids.
- Coordinate user groups and project teams, convening conference calls and meetings and maintaining minutes and follow-up logs.
- Work collaboratively with Systems Analyst to develop designs, mockups and prototypes.
- Communicate technical design issues to non-technical people.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a fast moving team.
- Ability to lead Business in programs with complex projects.
- Work within timeline and resource constraints provided by the Project Manager.
- Provide ongoing communication with users, managers, corporate directors and vendors to assure support and current initiatives.
- Experience with HL7 communications is a plus.
- Experienced working in a Project Management Office (PMO) with cross-functional teams is a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.