Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Duration: 8 Months
- Responsible for achieving in-depth knowledge of application software and business operations to ensure that the application is configured to support business requirements.
- Configures Epic applications by translating business requirements into software specifications.
- Acts as a liaison between Claims Connect and other departments regarding configuration issues.
- Prepares and executes unit test cases for configuration testing; performs problem resolution of configuration.
- Collaborates with process design, interfaces, testing and implementation teams.
- Conducts comprehensive evaluations and tests new releases.
- Prioritizes and implements system updates and changes; communicates changes to users prior to granting access to new releases. Performs other duties as directed.
- Three (3) years of configuration, detail analysis, or three years of progressively responsible experience performing detailed analysis and in-depth knowledge of healthcare information management systems required.
- Epic Certification in Tapestry Claims and Contracts and configuration skills.
- Please Note: This CANNOT be a newly certified candidate…they must have worked the 3 years post certification.
- Experience within the Healthcare Industry.
- Expertise in data structures, content and interpretation of specific data elements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare, and or Business.
- Requires Epic Tapestry AP Claims & Contracts Certification
Skills to be successful in this role:
- Strong detailed analytical thinking, problem solving and results oriented skills
- Manage multiple tasks
- Issue resolution and management
- Ability to integrate