Location: Spartanburg, SC
- The Epic Team Lead (Hospital Billing) will serve as the primary support contact for their respective application as well as serve as a point of contact for various other applications within their assigned team.
- The Team Lead will serve as a leader with overall responsibility for software analysis and design, application and system installation and implementation.
- They will coordinate all issues that arise during the application implementation for their respective team and must be very knowledgeable of the organization’s policies, procedures, and business operations.
- The analyst will be Epic certified in Hospital Billing.
Necessary Skills Include:
- Understanding of the organization and the user community in their assigned team
- Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists, and manage a project plan
- Strong communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built
- Expertise in project management and planning
- The Epic Team Lead will have prior experience with building/maintaining/resolving issues with assigned team user community.
- Provides support to team members as well as serving as the initial point of contact for their assigned team.
- Identifies and resolves complex issues.
- This includes identification of appropriate parties and potential solutions with minimal guidance.
- Works with all clinical, business and technical resources in a positive, supportive and collaborative team manner.
- Understands current workflows for clinical ordering and documenting.
- Assist with planning and completion of projects on time and as designed.
- Consults directly with clinical and business users, and provides second-tier support to end users to assure reliable and system application availability and performance.
- Maintains awareness of latest developments in key areas of responsibility and brings forward opportunities that might benefit the organization.
- Actively coordinates and participates with future Epic upgrades – coordinating test plans, developing and conducting customer communications and training for assigned team.
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field or completion of a technical program in computer science (prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field)
- 7 years of Healthcare IT experience (prefer 10 years of Healthcare IT experience)