Location: Mount Vernon, WA
- Responsible for designing, building, testing, validating, installing, modifying, upgrading, training, documentation development and ongoing support of the Epic System.
- Obtain and maintain in-depth knowledge of the software, functionality and acquiring knowledge of work flows to be implemented on the system.
Within this Job there are the below focus areas:
- Revenue Cycle: Responsible for maintaining, building, implementing, optimizing and supporting Revenue Cycle management solutions within Epic in support of hospital and/or ambulatory settings.
- This position is specifically to support the Hospital Billing (HB) Application.
- Essential Functions Consults with customers to understand workflows, processes, data collection, report details and other technical issues associated with application software as they relate to system design and build decisions that support the projects functions and goals.
- Designs, builds, and validates application to ensure the system meets end-user requirements.
- Populates master tables and system files in accordance with established guidelines; following standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications.
- Analyzes design alternatives and makes appropriate design decisions.
- Designs, validates and confirms new or modified functionality with the application environment that meets customer specifications.
- Understands and translates the business/department functionality into Application configurations and workflow validations.
- Tracks, updates, and resolves issues and participates proactively in issue prevention.
- Collaborates with Trainers in the design and development of role-based training programs to support the workflows to be implemented.
- Participates in training end-users on proper use of the application, and supports end-users during go-live events.
- Prioritizes and implements requested system enhancement needs and changes in the system.
- Responsible for reviewing and testing each new release.
- Works with Epic representative and business community and end users to ensure the system meets business needs.
- Works with vendors as appropriate to ensure smooth operation of products, reporting and resolution of issues.
- May be required to be on-call on a scheduled basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, Finance or clinical discipline strongly preferred; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
Desired Job Experience:
- One to three years’ experience in developing, implementing, operating, or maintaining information systems strongly preferred.
- Previous installation experience with healthcare systems database and interfaces in hospitals and/or clinic setting or with a healthcare vendor preferred.
- Must maintain Epic certification, required within six months of hire, employees will be given two chances to pass the certification test.
- Application coordinators will gain in-depth knowledge of software by attending training at Epic and completing application certification projects and tests.
- Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issue lists, and manage a project plan.
- Strong communication and follow-up skills.
- Clearly understands workflows and different roles within the organization to understand the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built.
- Strong project management, change management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability and interest to learn the software and increase knowledge over time.
- Eagerness to learn system and promote it.