Location: Cincinnati, OH
- As a key member of the Information Technology (IT) team, the Ambulatory Finance Analyst will be involved in all aspects of providing oversight, coordination and operational delivery of the healthcare information technology
- This role leads the selection, development, implementation and adoption of advanced clinical and financial systems for the Ambulatory process units
- The individual must be able to work autonomously while concurrently building technical and best practice process linkages to ensure and maintain leadership in Patient Safety, Quality, and Cost Effectiveness.
- The Ambulatory IT Financial Analyst will assist with and lead the development, implementation, and adoption of appropriate Financial and Revenue Cycle systems in support of the Ambulatory and Outpatient Divisions.
- This position will be responsible for product design, resource coordination, deliverable management, adoption and post-live support.
- Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting new project development including system analysis, planning and preparation
- Creating and maintaining regular status reports to IT Services Management and the Project Management Office
- Developing, supporting and maintaining documentation and procedures as needed, provide training to other IT staff and user clients as appropriate
- Coordinating interactions and activities of vendors, both on-site and off-site
- Coordinating and attending project and team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates
- Education: Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Business or a healthcare related degree and associated experience. And or an associates degree with more commensurate job related experience.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- 5-7 years of specific IT experience
- Epic Cadence certification and experience preferred
- 5 years Application Systems Analyst experience or relevant ambulatory Revenue Cycle background (Charge Capture, Billing, Collections, IT staff, etc.)
- Communicate efficiently with technical team as well as managers and end users – both written and verbal
- Possesses an understanding and high-aptitude for computer system capabilities to address process requirements
- Strong presentation skills with experience in presenting directly to management and clinicians.